Bush Kidz early learning centres in Brassall and Blacksoil aims to provide a friendly environment where children feel safe and secure. Along with this, parents and other family members feel supported in the knowledge that their children are respected and given every opportunity to develop to their full potential.
Early Learning Centre Goals
Bush Kidz Early Learning Centre High Quality Program
We aim to do this by providing a high quality program based on observations of individual needs, group needs and developmental stages.
We aim to provide an environment that reflects multicultural and non-sexist attitudes, as well as operate the centre in accordance with Queensland Child Care Regulations 2003.
Accredited by the National Childcare Accreditation Council Inc, under the Quality Improvement Accreditation System for long day care centres.See Our Programs
“Experiencing belonging – knowing where and with whom you belong – is integral to human existence” (Belonging, Being and Becoming The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia, page 5)
Through play, children establish, investigate and build upon relationships and connections with other children, adults around them, the environment and other living things and communities. These connections and relationships, in turn, allow for children to express who they are, what their ideas are and build understanding of how they affect and are affected by people, places and living and non-living things around them.
We acknowledge our role, as Educators, to use our personal and professional skills to facilitate the building of warm, secure, respectful relationships and to have varying levels of involvement in play to allow daily connections to ebb and flow naturally.
“The early childhood years are not solely for preparation for the future but also about the present” (Belonging, Being and Becoming The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia, page 5)
We recognise that play can be a highly complex process, but is also natural and simple, depending on the child’s desires at the time. Creating the time and spaces for children to follow their natural play processes enables them to enjoy and value moments – moments of being intensely involved in play; moments of being reflective in solitary play; moments being with others and so on.
We value play and these moments of ‘being’ as a way for children to engage in day to day joys and challenges. We understand the many and varied aspects of our role in a child’s moments at play – we are observers, players, listeners, speakers, guides, facilitators and much more. Our presence and involvement should be such that children are able to relish and share the moments the day brings.
“Becoming reflects this process of rapid and significant change that occurs in the early years as young children learn and grow. It emphases learning to participate fully and actively in society” (Belonging, Being and Becoming The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia, page 5).
Our Early Learning Centre value play as a child’s tool for connecting with and gathering information about themselves, people around them, their environments and communities and so on. In play children will form the building blocks of their own unique identity and piece them together across the early years to become their best self.
We believe Early Childhood Educators to be important professionals in the lives of children and families in the communities we engage in. We have knowledge, passion and resources to share with children, families and communities that contribute to children becoming positive, life-long learners and effectively shaping the future of communities. We view our role in the early years of a child’s life as influential and we take our responsibility seriously.
Our Core Values
Encourage every child to learn through play, providing facilities and resources that light up their imaginations and make learning fun
We Respect Ourselves
We Respect Others
We Respect Our Environment
Bush Kidz early learning centre goals
- Children are encouraged to challenge themselves and take risks
- Children can have fun and a laugh and be silly
- Children can get dirty in their play while discovering new things in the world around them
- Children can feel safe and secure and know that they are respected and valued people
- Children feel loved and can show love
- Children are treated as the most important people in the world
- Children can learn about being fit and healthy and be able to eat food which is good for their growing bodies
- Children’s individual personalities are respected and encouraged to grow their own personalities and sense of selves
- Staff are encouraged to play around and be silly with all children
- Staff can feel part of a team
- Staff are valued for their individual skills, knowledge and abilities
- Staff have input into decision making in their centre
- Staff can feel happy and comfortable and look forward to coming to work
- Staff share ideas and help and support each other
- Staff love all children
- Staff are encouraged to remain at child’s level to create a strong bond with children.
- Staff are encouraged to grow and challenge themselves to make them stronger, better people and professionals
- Parents can feel happy and comfortable about leaving their child in our care
- Parents join in to create a special environment for their children
- Parents work together with staff for benefit of their children
- Parents respect the policies and procedures of the centre because they value and respect what is offered there.
- Parents can be open and honest about their child’s developmental needs
- Parents work with staff to build strong trusting relationships
- Parents are treated equally